Friday, June 22, 2012

Vacation 2012 - Day 1 June 22

Day 1:

     Well the first day we spent most of the time ether sitting around or getting the RV ready. But at one point we all got off our butts and started to just get the RV ready.
To get said RV ready all we really had to do was load up who knows how much crap into it. And like every year it is too much crap.
     But on a different note we were able to leave around 4 o’clock, and yes that is PM and also pacific time. But we did not go all that far before we stopped to make sure all the tires on not just the RV but also the trailer that the thing tows along with it were full of air.
     That check on the tires did not prove to be very good though. For around an hour later, don’t ask me what happened between then and getting on the freeway for I was zoned out and sleeping lightly. Anyways as I was saying about an hour later the outside duelly on the passenger side had a problem.
     Now the problem wasn’t that the tire went flat, it was that the treading of the tire, the part that connects to the road, well it just came off. That is right, the treading just came off. The only thing we had to keep the air in was the mesh part of the tire. Now that was kinda cool to look at an all, but it was very dangerous.
     We had to go a ways before we were able to pull over and change tires, it was also then that we noticed the blowing of the treads caused more damage. The mud catcher that usually surround the tires, well that got destroyed. But we got to work on changing the tires. My dad worked on getting the bad tire off and I worked on getting one of the spare tires we got.
     Now the spare tire is on a little item had been made in back of the RV. It is held onto the RV were we put our sewer lines but also uses a piece of metal and a couple of screws to keep it up. It took me a bit to get the damn thing down, but once down I was able to roll it over to dad easily. But also once downed I heard a noise that comes from one of the screws popping out.
     So when I had finished rolling the tire over I went back and looked for the blasted screw. Once I found it I also saw something that did not look right. The metal part that we used to hold up the tire, it had a large gash threw half of it and the other half looked like it could break at any time.
     I immediately told my father about it and he agreed. We took the metal off and threw it into the RV; we won’t be using that part anytime soon.
     It took us around another half hour before were done with changing the tire, and near the end of that time a tow truck FINALLY stopped by. We did nothing more than tell him what was going on and that we didn’t need any help. He said alright and left.
     Now I said we stopped to change the tire about an hour after we left right? Well even if I didn’t, I just did. But anyways it took a little over 50 minutes to change that tire. So we started to move again around 5:52, I think.
     But after that, the ride was pretty quiet. I fell asleep for around two hours at one point and when I woke up we were pulling into a place I think is called Kramer Junction. We had to fuel up and get some food for dinner. Subway was what we got, but for some reason I was starting to get sick and couldn’t finish my sub, oh well.
      We spent several more hours on the road before we finally stopped for the night at some place; don’t remember where or when, I was trying to fall asleep by that point.

No comments:

Post a Comment