Saturday, June 23, 2012

Vacation 2012 - Day 2 June 23


Day 2:

     On day two we all woke up at different times, me being around 8:30 and also the last to wake. I was not in a good mood when I woke up. We quickly got ready to leave, some of us had some breakfast and we left the RV Park around 9 AM.
     About fifteen minutes we stopped at our first stop. It was an old Japanese “Internment” camp. It was called Manzanar. We went into a museum and spent around an hour and maybe a half in there. After that we hopped back into the RV and drove around the place. I made it to the cemetery marker before I fell asleep.
     The next time I woke up we were pulling into a small town that had a train museum. I didn’t go, I still felt like crap at the time. The rest of the family went in thou and they said it was an alright place to miss. I however spent the time looking out the window or brushing a pet comb though my dog, for no real reason.
     When they came back we set off again, this time for an “Upside down house.” When we stopped there the family went out and looked at a museum while I took the dogs out for a walk around the parking lot. When the family came out they went next door and saw the “Upside down house.” It was then that my mother came back to the RV and took a seat right at the door of the thing allowing the pets to breathe some fresh air. I hand her back the small dog and I took our big dog for a bit more of a walk.
     In no time at all we were all ready to head out again. The next stop was a wildlife recreation area, I think. I again spent that stop in the RV while the family checked it out. But for this stop I spent the time typing.
     I did the same thing on the next stop which was just down the road, and part of the same area. That stop was a bit shorter and then we were off again.
     During one of those past stops somewhere we had to stop to get some gas, don’t ask where I was half awake at the time.
     Well after the one stop we started up a hill and spent around an hour traveling before we came to our stop for the night. It was at an RV park we had visited before and is east of Yosemite National Park. We pulled in somewhere around, I think, 5:45. And in no time at all we were given a spot, had paid, pulled in, and had sewer, water and power all plugged in.
     A bit after we all set up, we went to dinner at a little Italian place. The place was not cheap but the food and service was GREAT. I got a nice pizza, but couldn’t finish all of it. The rest of the family got some forms of different pastas and finished all their foods, as well as some deserts, but mostly my dad and his mother had those.
     With dinner done we came back to the RV and started to go about different Items. Mom and Dad fought with computers, Sister did something, and father’s mother (nana) seemed to mostly read, while I just typed up more chapters of different stories.
     And now here I am typing up what happened the last two days. I will try and keep this little item updated every day. But I am expecting a few days were I won’t be able to. And now I wait for the events of tomorrow.
All past vacation entries this year written: June 23, 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment