Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Vacation 2012 - Day 6, June 27


Day 6

     Well woke up to the sun in my eyes and some family members talking. We had a few things planned before we even left the RV, and from the sounds of it I was going to be bored almost the whole time
     We left the RV somewhere around nine. We had to drive to the convention center so that we could set up a few things, as well as figure the place out. Once there we first had to go to registration so that we were all set, before we left the area though we talked to several different people that we knew.
     Once done talking we went searching for a certain place in the center, we eventually got lost but quickly figured out where we were going. Once we found the location we needed mom, dad, nana, and sister started to set up a rather large item. I however sat near a window and spent the time ether looking out said window or checking a few things out on the Internet with my phone. We spent anywhere from an hour to a bit over two hours at that place, and I was bored the whole time.
     Once done with that we went looking for another room, a room I will most likely be spending a lot of time in. We found it with little trouble. The family, minus me, was happy with the room and the room that it had, me on the other had did not like it. I saw the room as place that did not have enough room for a kid to be a kid. Well we will see who is right.
     After checking out that hall we went back to the van and went for a drive up a highway by the name of 395. Dad wanted to say he drove the whole thing, and as we had nothing else to do we let him do it. I was able to last for around thirty minutes before I fell asleep for most of the way.
     When I woke up we were in a forest area getting close to the US-Canadian border. Next to us was a river that was in major overflow, sadly that was nothing more than cool to see. Once we reached the border we turned right around and went back the way we came.
     On the way back we made few detours. One a quick drive around an area that let us few the over flowed river a bit more. Another was to a museum that was about the place. I was not happy when we stopped; I really wanted to get back to the RV, more on that later.
     When we were done with the museum we went a bit further down the road it was on and got out of the van again. Well correction, dad, sister, and nana got out and explored the place even walking down a trail while mom and I stayed back at the van and relaxed a bit.
     It took them a LONG time to get back, but once they did we were off again.  The next time we stopped was at Michaels for some craft items for sister and mom. But once done there we went across the parking lot to a place called The Onion.
     The Onion is what one could consider a gourmet hamburger place. The service we got was outstanding and the server was the friendly as can be. Mom ordered a gluten free burger and some gluten free fries as well. For the first time in a while we had no problems with getting the gluten free food, the rest of the family also got their food with no event.
     The burger I got was good, but I wished I had gotten a bigger one. The fries were also good.
     By the time we left the time was coming around 8:30. We had originally planned to go back to the RV, change then go to the convention center again. But as it was getting late we scrapped that plan and decided to just stay at the RV.
     So we paid for our meal and headed back to the RV where all did our different things.

Day six typed June 27, 2012.

By the way If you are looking for a quicker summary of the days events as well as a slightly different perspective You can try my dad's blog: j-e-may.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment