Sunday, June 23, 2013

Day 3 Sunday 6/23



Woke up extremely early this day, almost 6 on the nose. Why did I get up that early? Well I wanted to go for a jog, and I did making sure to bring one of the dogs along. Sadly the weather was so cold I didn’t get very far, or go for very long. I sort of hate that I couldn’t go for that long, but I couldn’t do much about it.

Well anyways I got to sit around for a few hours doing not much of anything while the rest of the family slept in and eventually woke up near eight. We packed up and got ready to go once all was up and done with morning rituals and all that.

We finally left camp around 9:20, for all the real good that did us. We apparently had to go back into the big hole in the ground, sorry the Grand Canyon. Sister and Nana had decided to forget a few things that they wanted to do, and since we apparently have the time dad decided it would be alright to go back in and go after said items. Not something I was actually looking forward to but hey, I’m stuck in the RV with the rest of them, it’s not like I have a complete choice I just had to suck it up and deal with it. Oh well.

We arrived at our first stop close to ten, it was sort of revisit but hey we got to see something new….if you can call it that. We got back on the road around a half hour later, still going through the park sadly we did have a few stops a view points for pictures and the like. I still it’s just a giant hole in the ground, a very big hole that is also very colorful and amazingly complex, but still a hole, or really a giant cut. But I Digress.

There was….a lot of stopping to look at things. It took us hours to get through it all, with mom and me sticking to the RV, her working a tad and me…a mix between falling asleep and trying to keep busy. I know, we are so proactive. But I’m generally of the mind set of seen one seen them all. Oh sure a lot of the stuff is cool and slightly interesting, but after a tad you get tired of looking at the same thing so that the picture savvy members of your family can take fifty photos of the same thing. I kid you not, they have taken over fifty photos of the same thing many times, just so that they could get different looks at it and different effects. But it is not my business to judge that so I just deal and silently complain…for the most part.

At one of the stops, I think one of the last ones we also stayed long enough to have lunch. The stop was at a sort of watchtower from the 1930s, it provided a nice view. Though sadly most of my mind was taken up with how I could use it one of the many stories I wright.

We finally got out of the park around 1:20, it sort of felt nice.

We had a scare during our drive, our door decided that it would pop open a tad. So we had to hold closed a bit and then do what we could to lock it, we can’t exactly stop and make sure it is closed all the way so that is the best we can do.

We in time had to stop for gas, near 2:55. Had to look a bit to find out, but we eventually found one and filled up. The road ahead was long, well of course it was. But anyways we traveled on highway for a the rest of the day. We all spent our time doing this and that, a few of us getting a nap in as we do.

But we had another fuel stop before we stopped, this one near 6:30, well actually 7:30 for we had passed into New Mexico by this point which means a time shift. We left not even ten minutes later.

We would arrive at our campground another hour later. We got ourselves situated and settled in for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment