Thursday, July 4, 2013

Day 14 Thursday 7/04



Sadly in a massive and stupid delay for me, I am typing this a tad late, so exact times are near impossible. Just felt I should warn you.

I can start off with saying we all got up nice an early. We were afraid of a local weather system moving in and dropping rain on us, so we decided to do what we wanted early. And by that I mean we hopped in the Van and did way to much driving.

You see we are camped near Pike’s Peak, and it was decided we would go see it, so we spent most of the morning driving up, got there near lunch had lunch then came back down taking photos all the while and boring me half to death and freezing a few of us. Okay I just noticed that was a bit of a run on sentence, sorry about that.

After done with Pike’s Peak we drove around trying to decided what to do next, or first to choices were bust be it because of overcrowded or price. But what we did do…well let’s just say it took a good long while and a lot of photos.

But when that was done we went and had dinner, I found out my stomach was not as big as I hoped or as small as I feared. And when we were done with dinner, the weather system we were afraid would hit us earlier FINALLY hit, and only barley so. I hate to say it, but I kind of figured that would happen, we are next to the MOUNTAINS for crying out loud, and mountains are darn good at stopping large weather systems. Now granted some do get over but given the sizes of what we were seeing I wasn’t expecting much.

I starting to think I need to stop with my mini rants….anyways we hoped back in the Van and came back to the RV. We had to unload the RV a bit, and then we found out sister had forgotten something back at the place we had eaten at (and I put that because my mind decided to fail me on spelling again). After a bit of work and some running around that was quickly rectified…okay why can I smell that much more complicated word and not the more common word I wanted to put above…….I can’t understand myself anymore.

Once all was done we settled in and sorted a few things in the RV then had a more relaxing and normal evening.

Tomorrow it is more traveling, it isn’t much though. We don’t plan on going all that far but the wood knocking is still welcomed (I DID IT AGAIN)…..I’ll shut up now before I miss spell something else…again…
 
PS. I completely forgot what day it was when I was typing this, so HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY !

Typed July 4, 2013

2 comments:

  1. Barely not barley; and I think you meant you could SPELL rectified, not SMELL it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two things. 1) Don't stop the mini rants, some of us like them. 2) Did you see any fireworks?

    ReplyDelete