Friday, July 12, 2013

Day 22 Friday 7/12



The plan was to take up early today…that plan failed. Only me and sister woke up earlier, her before me. But then she went back to sleep after failing to try and wake everyone else up. I woke up not long after she was out again. But once I was up I…was up. Spent my morning relaxing while waiting for the family to wake up.

And I have to say…it took them a good long while. Yet when we they did they were hoping to it and getting ready for the day. By that I mean back water into the Van and anything else we normally did in the morning.

Once in the Van it was into the nearby National Park again, Zion. Once at the visitor center we hoped out of the Van and into the shuttle they had and got a ride all the way to the top of the canyon here. Where we went on a walk. I refuse to say Hike because it wasn’t even a quarter of a mile, we went a bit in to a spot where we could interact with a river, stayed there for half an hour then came back to the shuttles.

We hitched another ride on a different shuttle to another spot where we went on something that can be considered a hike…a very small hike, not even half a mile round trip, but it was a heck of incline. Then it was again at the shuttle, and got off again at another stop that was at a lodge and where we got our dinner. And then when dinner was done, yet another shuttle ride to a museum did things then yet ANOTHER shuttle ride back to the visitor center where it was back to the Van.

And then when at the Van we drove back to the RV, picked up the dogs then went for a nice long drive. And during this drive we eventually got rained on, and I took a small nap.

I hate to say this, but that nap was the only think I really liked about that whole thing. I mean we brought a good amount of water with us, I was ready to go on a nice long hike, or several hikes for that matter. I’m not talking half mile round trip, I’m talking mile maybe two round trip, oh sure I would have complained about that too. But Come on! I was expecting that, not these insanely long and uncomfortable shuttle rides. After a bit I was actually WANTING a long hike, And instead I got a long drive ride where I got cramp in the back seat because of the mutts….oh what a fun day….now if only I can find a way to do sarcasm right…

Well now that my rant for this post is done, hopefully, I can go on. Eventually our drive was finished because dad didn’t want to deal with the after effects of the rain, so we went back to the RV. And when there we dealt with a few thinks, figured on where to go for dinner and then it was off to dinner. It as a good dinner I have to admit, but that’s a different matter.

Anyways we eventually finished and then back at the RV we again got ourselves a nice relaxing evening…oh who am I kidding? This is the may family there is no such thing as Nice and relaxing, maybe one but usually not the other. So fine, we “chilled out” as one can say and spent what is our normal evening.

Tomorrow is a travel day, a short one is the plan. We should get to Las Vegas and then find a park for the rest of day. We don’t want to travel all the way home thanks to how long that would be, but Las Vegas is a good point to stop for it is closer to home and a much more manageable time. And personally I think it would at least a tad easier to travel during the Nevada desert during that time too. But we will find out. And We really need the knocking on wood, for we are almost home!

Typed July 12, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment