Sunday, July 14, 2013

Day 24 Sunday 7/14 Final day



Last day…amazingly I am amazed it is last day. Twenty four days…that is how long we have been away from home and driving around this country. It has been…an interesting Vacation like it always is. And my first completed try to do a blog all the way through it. I’ve screwed up in my typings from place to place, but I’ve tried my best. I admit I missed a lot of spelling and grammar errors as we went, but I truly tried my best to do it right first time, but I am human like the rest of you, I make mistakes. But now, without further ado, the last day of vacation

Waking up for the last time, normal all around. We were able to get on the road very close to nine, allowing us to get on the road before it go TOO insanely hot for the old RV. I sort of feel nostalgic as we cross this final stretch. We’ve gone down this road many times back and forth to Las Vegas. But fright now I know…I will not be doing this again for a long time. And yet we have done it so many times that I have grown used to it. Funny how that works.

A good bit before noon we arrived at the California border, and once over it meant we were finally in our home state. And even closer to our actual home.

Just a few minutes before Noon we had to pull off the freeway for some gas, and afterwards it was time for lunch. Me, mom and sister went to a nearby fast food place and got something. And then we were off again.

It was quickly we seemed to get back into the city. It felt nice to see similar freeways. Even if it is LA, it’s still nice to see it.

We were off the Freeway around 2:30, which meant we were even closer to getting home. It really is an interesting feeling; sometimes I can’t decide if I like to be home or if I don’t. But before we were able to get home we stopped at the nearby Costco for a refill in gas. And once through that line we were off on the last leg of our trip. And in a few minutes, we were back home! But that doesn’t mean we are done.

We got a lot of things to do around here, manly in the fact that we have to get the RV into the area as well as get things situated in several places. I know so much fun, but on a different note, the trip went good, which means we are good in that area.

It took a long time to finish up the RV, but eventually we got it done. It was nice to finally finish, but it was a pain in the rear to work as it was. The heat was a giant pain, but hey we eventually we got it done. And spent the rest of our evening relaxing and settling other things. And thus we finished our 2013 Vacation.

It has been a fun time, of sorts. But I have liked the fact that I was able to do this whole thing. I hope those that read like it as well. It has been a blast and I hope I can do this again, but hey time will tell on that.

Typed July 14, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment